Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mac and Cheese Please

One of my favorite foods to make is home made mac and cheese. I mean it's basically a food group for me! I got this recipe from a co-worker after having it at her party. It calls for Gruyere and Pecorino Romano cheese along with cheddar... but at the store when I realized the price for those cheeses I opted to make my own experiment with the recipe. And then the "Poor Man's Mac & Cheese was born! I switched out the 'fancy' cheese for just cheddar, mozzarella and pepper jack for a fun kick.
The basic ingredients, freshly grated cheese, bread crumbs and macaroni noodles.
Melt the cheese mix and then pour the melted mix over the noodles.
Add the bread crumbs to the top and some added cheeses then place in the oven for about 30 minutes until the bread is golden brown and all cheese is melted on top.  
The final result is Ah-maze-ing!! Best Mac and Cheese ever, but I might be bias.

Wear to go from here... the dairy section the the grocery store!
*Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment