Thursday, July 14, 2011

Edible Pink Lemonade

Experimenting with my new cupcake cookbook '101 Gourmet Cupcakes in 10 Minutes' (thanks A for the b-day gift!) I decided to try a Pink Lemonade Cupcake. This book is great because it takes boxed cupcakes and adds other ingredients to make them "gourmet". Which is great for me since I can seem to never master baking unless it comes from a box.
Here is the recipe I used...
1 box white cake mix
1/3 cup pink lemonade concentrate
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 eggs
2-3 drops of red food coloring
1 can of cream cheese frosting

**I need a better camera to photograph in my small dark kitchen. Added to my wish list!**

Happy to say, they turned out deliciously and I couldn't be happier!
I even dyed the frosting blue for a Fourth of July party.

Wear to go from here... Baking aisle for a boxed cake mix!
*Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment