Thursday, March 29, 2012

On a cold day…

On a cold rainy day all I want to do is stay inside and watch tv and eat soup! Even though it’s almost April you would never be able to tell since it’s been a cool 40-50 degrees and except for a sunny weekend last week, sold rain. I have been obsessed with tortilla soup and feel like I have been getting it any time I can. So I decided to make some myself and it turned out so good I almost ate the whole pot of it that night! It was a simple recipe and used canned chicken which made me weary at first, but was actually brilliant. Most of the ingredients were from a can and made it even easier.
Here is the recipe I used from Campbell's. Although I substituted the Pace salsa for a Safeway brand chipotle salsa that made it slightly spicier, but so worth the smokey flavor! I also substituted the frozen corn for canned corn with peppers and threw in a can of black beans and topped with avocado slices at the end. All in all I think it was a delicious soup that I would probably start making weekly since it literally only took 30 minutes.  

Wear to go from here… well duh, to the kitchen. It’s almost dinner time!
*Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment