Monday, August 15, 2011

Off to the Windy City

This week I am off to visit Chicago to see some family. I'm excited not only to spend some time with my brother, dad and step mom... but also to get out of Seattle and get some much needed R&R!! I was hoping for hot summer weather, but seemed to bring the rain and 70 degree weather with me. 


Luckily Sunday was warmer, dry and sunny so we made it out to the Italian Festival. (Right off Taylor street I have stepped into Jersey!) We definitely ate our weight in food there!! And finished it off with funnel cake!! Not quite Italian, but my favorite street fair food. 




We then headed to Lake Michigan for a nice stroll on the boardwalk with the dogs!

Claire was having the time of her life running around and rolling in the sand. 

My little brother!!! 

Awwww... wet sandy doggy beard!

*Photos courtesy of my little photographer brother: Matt*

The view and weather makes me want to pick up and move here! And Claire seemed to love the wind and water in her face! I just love this place!!

Wear to go from here... apartment hunting along Lakeshore Drive?!
*Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment