Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Holiday Food Challenge #1

One of the best things about the holidays is ALL THE FOOD!!
And we all know how much I love food! But of course family is the best thing... but I'm talking about the food right now. Even though I am not the best cook, I have dreams of someday having people over to my house for a big thanksgiving celebration with my amazing food, pretty dishes and a fancy decorated table! (I must think I am Martha Stewart in this dream.)

I think I definitely need more practice in the kitchen (...and of course a bigger place for said party!) so why not start now! So I am challenging myself to try at least one "fancy holiday" dish a week before thanksgiving so that a) I can practice my cooking skills, b) find an amazing dish that will knock the socks of my family this year's thanksgiving dinner (I was asked to bring rolls & beverages last year), and c) because I always like a challenge! Who wants to come over for dinner??

My first recipe is Candied Sweet Potatoes. One of my favorites, it's like candy for dinner! I found this recipe from Betty Crocker and I am ready to try and report back with my results!
Even the picture is making me hungry just looking at it!
Wear to go from here... the grocery store!
*Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment