Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Holiday Food Challenge #1 - complete!

Ok so my first week's Holiday Food Challenge finally got made this weekend. (Sorry for the delay, my week got busy) I must say it didn't turn out as amazing as I had hoped, but that's why I am doing the trial run...to make sure my dish is not only delicious, but knocks the socks off my family at our thanksgiving dinner! 

I think where I went wrong was I may have cooked the sauce a little too much on too high of heat that it became more of a jelly than a liquid sauce. And I think I would need to double the sauce recipe to cover the amount of yams that the recipe calls for. 

Again a learning experience... and glad to get more practice in my new found hobby! So here are some pics of my trial run! At least the yams were a pretty orange that was great to photograph.



Wear to go from here... back the kitchen for Food Challenge #2! Stay tuned!
*Megs 

No comments:

Post a Comment